10.13.2010

one year ago today...

...our sweet boy came home from the hospital with us for the first time! after leaving him at the hospital on the 8th (such a sad day for us), we weren't sure when he'd get to come home based on the diagnosis we had received earlier that morning. we were under the impression it could be a couple of weeks. on the morning of the 13th we went into luke's cubby in the NICU to check on him and hear what the doctors said during rounds. he had had a good night without any complication (except for one heart bradycardia - slow heart rate - and come to find out - it actually couldn't be tracked in the charts). so, because he was doing so well, he was discharged to come home with us!! it was such a sweet day that we had longed for.

this evening as luke ate dinner in his highchair i just took a few quiet moments and watched him. my eyes filled with tears and my heart just leaped out of my chest. i still sometimes forget about his rough start to life because he is doing so well. i get subtle reminders every now and then (different doctor or therapy appointments the typical kid doesn't have and the scar still visible on his right hand), but everything in me says he is doing alright and developing like any other little boy his age. we praise God for all he has done for his child, luke, and know that God's grace is amazing. we love our precious boy luke.

Jeremiah 1:5
"Before I made you in your mother's womb, I chose you. Before you were born, I set you apart for a special work."

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

No comments: